TW Patriot Range Coffee (18mg) July 2010
Tea is definitely my hot beverage of choice, especially in the mornings and my weekly consumption is measured by the gallon, that’s for sure. When it comes to coffee, I can make a 4oz jar of instant last well-over a year, mind you, what I do drink, I really enjoy. Funny that…
Even stranger is the fact that I can’t recall ever trying a coffee juice before, although I must confess to having an unopened 24mg coffee juice from another supplier amongst my stash – purchased late 2009, I just haven’t gotten around to using it yet, what with the menthols, fruits and the downright bizarre taking precedent…... So, I was quite looking forward to having a go with the PR Coffee……. Equipment
– 510, cleaned / primed standard atomiser, Zenith 280mAh manual battery (changing over to a Tornado 1000mAh), direct-drip method.Colour of liquid
– Clear dark brownSmell of liquid
– I’m struggling to get a whiff of anything, except for the faintest aroma of wood-preserve / creosote….. Flavour / Taste
– I sat vaping on this for what seemed like an eternity – in reality though I guess it was only around 5 minutes before I got anything resembling a coffee flavour coming through. All I was experiencing at the start was like a heavy, thick dairy taste to the vapour. Imagine half a teaspoon of strong instant granules going into a large mug, filling with boiling water and then adding far too much full-fat milk or cream – to me that’s just how this flavour tastes in the end. Finally though, you do get a hint of roasted coffee which ends-up being overwhelmed by the dry aftertaste of the dairy product. Strangely enough, the more you vape the more the roasted taste increases, up to a certain level, but I was definitely expecting more in the way of coffee and less of the milk or cream from the off.…. 5/10 Throat Hit
– Once again, it takes time before you notice anything regarding a hit of any kind but, arrives it does albeit in a mild, smooth way.…… 5/10 Vapour Content
– The juice seems to have a high viscosity, which I take to mean that there’s a chance of it containing more VG than PG and therefore producing more vapour. I was certainly not disappointed and vapour is chucked-out by the proverbial cubic yard. Excellent performance…. 9/10 In Summary
– As I say, it appears to take an age for any coffee flavour or throat-hit to come through but, once it’s there, it’s reasonable although it’s quite a thick-tasting vape. If you leave it alone for any length of time, say, more than an hour and then return, I find that it takes time for the tastebuds to get going again with this. Vapour production though is outstanding and, for me, that’s a huge plus-point. ‘Vapour Content’ is where I’m always going to be at my most critical but PR Coffee is truly remarkable in that department.
Although it’s obviously a quality liquid it’s not really a juice for me in the longest term I’m afraid, because of that milky / creamy dryness, maybe it’s one to use very occasionally though. That said, it’s bound to have fans so if you’re up for a mild milky coffee with a smooth taste then the Patriot Range Coffee 18mg could well be one for you to explore……. 6.33/10
Happy Vaping everyone…….