Introduction to Tanks and Atomizers
With so many apparently different tanks and atomizers available it can often be confusing to work out which is best for you. This page aims to help understand better the range of tanks we offer but more importantly to ensure that you are able to find the right device for your own needs.
Why are there so many different types of tanks and atomizers?
The answer to this is essentially ‘choice’. The speed of technical development means that we are able to provide many different tanks and combinations that offer many different features and performance characteristics, and also let’s not forget ‘looks’. It is very common for vapers to own and use many different tanks dependent upon their usage and the power device they combine the tanks with. We aim to support as best we can the widest range of user needs.
Tanks are the natural evolution of electronic cigarettes or personal vaporizers. When e-liquid started to become more available and accessible in 2009, development started to provide users with devices that could be easily refilled and hold more fluid to complement the increased battery life that newer products delivered. The first tank device was the Tornado Tank, which we still stock today. It is probably more relevant today to refer to this device as a ‘cartridge’ not a ‘tank’ device, but the terminology goes back to 2009. This product was instrumental in transforming product development.
Development continued and has led to a range of tank devices that have many different characteristics. Ultimately though the basic principles are relevant to all tanks. They simply provide both a means of holding the e-liquids and they contain an atomizer which is mechanically and electrically designed so that the combined device can be connected to a battery or power unit. The basic differences are simply defined by considering some primary characteristics:
- Price: We stock a range of tanks for all pockets and budgets from combined tank and atomizer units for less than $6 to the advanced $39.99 SMOK TFV12 Prince Cloud Beast.
- Size: There are small volume tanks which hold less than 2ml of e-liquid and tanks that can hold in excess of 4ml.
- Atomizer type: Certain tanks are designed to work with specific atomizers. The type of atomizers contributes significantly to the performance and type of usage.
- Power requirements: Certain atomizer and tanks combinations are optimized for standard Tornado type 3.7V batteries, others are designed to work best on variable voltage or variable wattage devices.
- Looks: Let’s not forget style! Most of our tanks are available in different colors and many with special design features which allow for users to choose a tank that not only meets their vaping needs but also their personal style.
If you are ever unsure of which atomizer goes with which tank either search by family name or look up the tank on the website, you will see compatible atomizers listed under ‘Products you may also like’ on the product page.